Tuesday 9 October 2012

Task 1

Task 1:: Identify 5 companies/studios which you consider potentially synergetic to you personally. Write a short explanatory paragraph and reasons for each.

Pentagram::


This design studio creates a diverse range of work, allowing many design styles to be brought together. However, much of their work is minimal with a hint of colour which is the design style I tend to work by. They are based in London, which does not massively appeal to me, but if the job was right then I would move to the appropriate location.

Proud Creative::





Proud Creative produce really exciting and fun work; the possibilities of this design studio seem endless. I feel I would work well on these types of briefs as it would keep me engaged and producing design I want to produce. The work they produce is fun, yet at the same time controlled with a strong design element.

Qubik::


The simplicity of the work Qubik produce is enthralling. I like the fact that Qubik is a small Leeds based studio, yet produces extremely high end design in a professional manor, on par with some of the larger studios in London. I also love the typographic element of the work, this clear focus is then applied to a variety of print methods. 

Build::


I love the diversity of the projects that Build work on whilst still keeping within print. The colours that Build use are eye catching and make the design stand out from others. They have a global reputation through creating successful design solutions.

Topshop Graphic Design Team::






I have always loved the print materials that Topshop produce as they are very similar to the simplistic style of design I like to produce and use a similar colour palette, so have looked into what the job role would be and what the job would entail. From this, I have found that I would start out as a 'Junior Graphic Designer' which would entail designing the print promotional material that goes into store for events, store openings and campaigns. This includes flyers, invites, posters, ticketing, look books, magazines and the occasional window display; all of which I am already interested in producing. Having read the article interviewing a junior graphic designer at Topshop it is evident that I would need to ensure that I work on fashion branding for my FMP and gain placement work if I am going to stand a chance of getting a job here.