Tuesday 9 October 2012

Task 3

Task 3::

Is your choice based on:

LOCATION//

No. I am not that struck on living in London due to the hectic lifestyle of the Londoners, but I am aware that there is a huge design base in London so moving to there could be advantageous to me and my development as a designer. I certainly wouldn't turn down a job purely on the basis of it being in London but it is an aspect I want to consider. Ideally, I would like to remain within the creative buzz of the north; Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester or Newcastle. However, I think my location is all going to depend on the job opportunities available within the area. 

DIRECTION OF PRACTICE //

I want to work on typographically led print design with a focus on colour. However, if all of the above criteria is not available then I would be felxible and choose to work somewhere which still had design that I would enjoy to work on and utilized my design direction in some way.

THE BRAND //

This is not massively important to me, as long as I enjoy the work I am producing.

PHILOSOPHY //

Again, as long as I have a drive to design then I am not so worried about this aspect.

CLIENT BASE//

I think if I were to work for a large company, such as Topshop, this would not be an issue as I would only be producing work for their stores. However, if I were to work in a smaller studio I still do not think this would be an issue for me as long I enjoyed the design side of the work.